Each day during Lent, we have the opportunity to be inspired by the stories of communities from around the world, to set aside a little of ourselves to make room for a stranger. This Lent, CRS Rice Bowl reminds us that the journey through the desert ultimately leads to resurrection—and that it is our Gospel call to stand with courage, bringing the hope of the Resurrection to a world often beset by hopelessness.
The Diocese of Green Bay and Catholic Relief Services co-sponsor CRS Rice Bowl. Catholic Relief Services is the international humanitarian arm of the U.S. Catholic Church.
CRS Rice Bowl Collection Helps the Poor
Contributions to this national collection for the World's Poor are divided this way:
- 75% of funds go for international relief and development projects
- 25% go for projects within the Diocese of Green Bay that aid immigrant and refugee people struggling with basic material needs
Give to the CRS Rice Bowl Collection by mailing donations to:
The Catholic Foundation for the Diocese of Green Bay, Inc.
P.O. Box 22128, Green Bay, WI 54305-2128
How to Apply for a CRS/Rice Bowl Grant:
Organizations based in the 16 counties of Northeastern Wisconsin within the Diocese of Green Bay are invited to submit CRS Rice Bowl grant applications. CRS Rice Bowl funds projects that benefit Northeastern Wisconsin immigrant or refugee populations who are struggling to meet their basic material needs (such as food, shelter, healthcare, literacy, and counseling services).
This is a fillable PDF. You can enter text into the fields by opening the PDF and selecting Enable All Features.
Application Deadline: April 15th, 2022
2021 Award Winners
This year, $13,000 was awarded to agencies at the local level to meet the basic material needs of immigrant and refugee people in northeastern Wisconsin. The 2020 Diocesan Rice Bowl award winners are:
- Compassionate Connections Center (Clintonville) – Lenguajes & Alfabetizacion (Languages and Literacy)
- Golden House (Green Bay) – Basic Material Needs
- New Leaf Foods (Green Bay) – New Leaf Garden Blitz
- NWTC Educational Foundation (Green Bay) – Career Pathways Scholarship for English Language Learners
- Joseph Catholic Church (Wautoma) - Hispanic Migrant Pastoral Ministry
- World Relief Fox Valley (Appleton) – COVID-19 Bridge for Families Facing Utility Disconnection
Have questions or need more information?
Bona Hall, P.O. Box 23825, 1825 Riverside Drive, Green Bay, WI 54305