Each day during Lent, we have the opportunity to be inspired by the stories of communities from around the world, to set aside a little of ourselves to make room for a stranger. This Lent, CRS Rice Bowl reminds us that the journey through the desert ultimately leads to resurrection—and that it is our Gospel call to stand with courage, bringing the hope of the Resurrection to a world often beset by hopelessness.
The Diocese of Green Bay and Catholic Relief Services co-sponsor CRS Rice Bowl. Catholic Relief Services is the international humanitarian arm of the U.S. Catholic Church.
CRS Rice Bowl Collection Helps the Poor
Contributions to this national collection for the World's Poor are divided this way:
- 75% of funds go for international relief and development projects
- 25% go for projects within the Diocese of Green Bay that aid immigrant and refugee people struggling with basic material needs
Give to the CRS Rice Bowl Collection by mailing donations to:
The Catholic Foundation for the Diocese of Green Bay, Inc.
P.O. Box 22128, Green Bay, WI 54305-2128
How to Apply for a CRS/Rice Bowl Grant:
Organizations based in the 16 counties of Northeastern Wisconsin within the Diocese of Green Bay are invited to submit CRS Rice Bowl grant applications. CRS Rice Bowl funds projects that benefit Northeastern Wisconsin immigrant or refugee populations who are struggling to meet their basic material needs (such as food, shelter, healthcare, literacy, and counseling services).
This is a fillable PDF. You can enter text into the fields by opening the PDF and selecting Enable All Features.
Application Deadline: April 2nd, 2021
2020 Award Winners
This year, $13,000 was awarded to agencies at the local level to meet the basic material needs of immigrant and refugee people in northeastern Wisconsin. The 2020 Diocesan Rice Bowl award winners are:
- Brown County Community Gardens – Community Gardens Seasonal Assistance
- Greater Green Bay Habitat for Humanity – Translation and Interpretation Assistance
- Hope House of Manitowoc County – Shelter Program
- House of Hope, Green Bay - Emergency Shelter and Translation Assistance
- LEAVEN – Emergency Financial Assistance
- Literacy Green Bay, Inc. - Adult English Language Learner Classes and Tutoring Programs
- Joseph Catholic Church, Wautoma - Hispanic Migrant Pastoral Ministry
- Vincent de Paul, Appleton - St. Vincent de Paul Appleton Voucher Program
- World Relief Fox Valley – COVID-19 Response
Have questions or need more information?
Bona Hall, P.O. Box 23825, 1825 Riverside Drive, Green Bay, WI 54305