Foundational Catechetical Certification Trainers
The purpose of catechetical certification is to "help the whole community of faith to come to at least a basic standard of knowledge of Christ and of the teachings of the Church" and to "prepare the next generations to answer generously the call to holiness" (from Bishop David L. Ricken's Pastoral Letter A New Moment for Catechesis in the Diocese of Green Bay, November 2009).
Further, Bishop Ricken announced that the new adult catechism, The United States Catechism for Adults (USCCA) is to be the foundational text for all adult faith formation and catechesis in the Diocese of Green Bay. Our certification process is to engage the whole community in the ongoing formation of their Catholic faith and to provide the best possible training for all people involved in catechesis.
Looking to Host a Certification Component?
Trainers Willing To Travel
- document Presenter Covenant (40 KB)
- document Ministry Profile: Foundational Catechetical Certification (FCC) Trainer (17 KB)
- pdf Application to become an FCC trainer (211 KB)
- document Request to Teach an FCC Component (21 KB)
A note to trainers offering guidance on teaching adult learners, the importance of continuity within lesson plans, etc.
- document FCC Class Attendance Sheet (20 KB) (Submit to Office of Families & Schools after final session)
pdf Attendance Sheet for Alpha or 10-or-More Ongoing Formation Class (16 KB) (Submit to Office of Families & Schools after final session)
Component Completion Forms
- pdf FCC Component Completion Form (21 KB) (Participant to sign and submit to Office of Families & Schools after completing course)
- pdf Alpha Series Completion Form (91 KB) (Participant to sign and submit to Office of Families & Schools after completing Alpha course)