Return to Public Masses with Moderate Limits on Public Gatherings and Moderate Social Distancing beginning the weekend of June 13-14
Click below to download the guidelines document:
Phase II Guidelines: Public Masses with Moderate Limits on Public Gatherings and Moderate Social Distancing
At this time, the Diocese of Green Bay continues to ensure a safe and healthy environment by following the guidelines and regulations established by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS), and each County’s Health Department. As the situation evolves, we will continue to meet and take appropriate actions to keep the faithful of the diocese informed and safe. We ask for your prayers during this time to help keep everyone healthy.
Follow the links below for the latest updates from the diocese. You'll also find resources for you, your families, and your parishes during this unprecedented time.
⇒ Diocesan Communications
⇒ Spiritual & Parish Ministry Resources
⇒ TV/Livestream Mass Information
⇒ How to Support Your Parish
⇒ Family Resources
⇒ Religious Education/Youth Ministry Resources
⇒ National/State/County COVID19 Information
⇒ Re-engagement Resources for Parishes
- Press Release | Bishop David L. Ricken announces return to Public Masses with Moderate Limits on Public Gatherings and Moderate Social Distancing beginning the weekend of June 13-14 (June 2, 2020)
- Video | Bishop David L. Ricken announces return to Public Masses with Moderate Limits on Public Gatherings and Moderate Social Distancing beginning the weekend of June 13-14 (June 2, 2020)
- pdf Press Release | Bishop David L. Ricken announces Holy Communion Services to begin Pentecost weekend (30 KB) (May 15, 2020)
- Video | Bishop David L. Ricken announces Holy Communion Services to begin Pentecost weekend (May 15, 2020)
- The Distribution of the Holy Communion Outside of Mass on Sundays During the Coronavirus Pandemic (May 13, 2020)
- pdf A Circle of Love and Support: Parish and School Stewardship (81 KB) (March 25, 2020)
- Liturgical Directives for Holy Week in time of COVID19 (Updated March 24, 2020)
- pdf Canonical Guidelines in Time of Crisis (39 KB) (March 24, 2020)
- pdf Letter to the Faithful from Bishop David L. Ricken (37 KB) (March 17, 2020)
- pdf Decree - Suspension of the Public Celebration of Mass (53 KB) (March 17, 2020)
- Press Release | Bishop David L. Ricken suspends all public attendance at all Masses in the diocese (March 17, 2020)
- pdf Liturgical Directives (38 KB) (March 17, 2020)
- pdf Non-Essential Gathering Directives (36 KB) (March 17, 2020)
- Diocese of Green Bay Virtual Mass & Event Listing Calendar, courtesy of The Compass
- Relevant Radio Daily Mass
- EWTN Daily Mass
- Daily Mass: EWTN | View Broadcast Schedule
- Sunday Mass With Bishop David Ricken: WFRV at 7:30 a.m. - Moves to 10:30 a.m. on February 13
- Sunday morning Heart of the Nation Televised Mass: WBAY at 5:30 a.m. | 8:00 a.m. on CW14
- Sunday mornings: Relevant Radio, 1050 AM at 9 a.m.
Parish Resource: Video Production & Hosting Livestream Events Resource Page
In response to requests for tips and technical support for video production and hosting livestream events, you’ll find helpful how-to and start-up resources as well as great examples of our parishes using videos effectively and creatively.
During these challenging times, the Catholic Foundation is assisting our parishes with online giving. Your gift supports our parish ministries that reach out to so many families. Thank you for your continued support.
The diocese is reconnecting to inspire in a phased way, always keeping in mind the health and safety of those in our parishes, schools and communities. The following guiding principles will continue to influence our decisions. We will continue to balance bold faith and prudent safety, monitor data and provide measured responses, encourage collaboration between our diocesan monitoring team and local pastor/pastoral leader, and continue to follow the process of a phased approach to ministry.
Parishes and individuals alike will find helpful information within the Spiritual & Ministry resource page, which includes resources compiled by the Parish Life and Evangelization Mission Team.
Panel Discussions for Parishes
COVID-19 Ministry & Spiritual Support Panel Discussions - This page is where you can view upcoming and previous livestream panel discussions.
View a listing of resources compiled by the Families & Schools of Discipleship Mission Team. Within it, you'll find information regarding education and worshipping at home, as well as ideas to ensure emotional and physical well-being for your family.
The Office of Children & Youth Faith Formation has developed a resource site for those seeking at-home resources for Religious Education & Youth Ministry.
- National Centers for Disease and Control Prevention website (CDC)
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services COVID-19 Resource webpage
County Health Department Links for counties within the Diocese of Green Bay