The Diocese of Green Bay is reopening and we are happy to provide support and resources to our parish and school leaders and all the faithful throughout the 16 counties we serve.
The diocese is reconnecting to inspire in a phased way, always keeping in mind the health and safety of those in our parishes, schools and communities. The following guiding principles will continue to influence our decisions. We will continue to balance bold faith and prudent safety, monitor data and provide measured responses, encourage collaboration between our diocesan monitoring team and local pastor/pastoral leader and continue to follow the process of a phased approach to ministry.
Follow the links below for the latest updates from the diocese. You'll find resources for you, your families, and your parishes and schools during this time.
- pdf Parish Restart Grid - Updated March 2022 (84 KB) (Added 3/3/22)
- Bishop David L. Ricken reinstates obligation to attend Sunday Mass (Added 7/15/21)
- document August 2021 Liturgical Guidelines (399 KB) (Added 8/11/21)
- Diocese of Green Bay of Green Bay COVID-19 Dashboard
- COVID-19 Scenario Grid (Updated 12/8/20)
- Parish Statements related to COVID Exposures | The following templated statements are for use in the event your parish priest, a parish staff member or a parishioner tests positive for COVID-19.
- Guidelines for Public Masses in Times of Very High COVID-19 Alert (Added 10/5/20)
Pautas Para Misas Públicas En Tiempos De Alerta Muy Alta De COVID-19
- Quarantine and Travel Guidelines (Added 5/25/21)
- Wisconsin Catholic Conference Statement on COVID-19 Vaccination and the Protection of Conscience (Added 8/20/21)
- Liturgical information | This information is kept current by the Office of Divine Worship
- The Distribution of the Holy Communion Outside of Mass on Sundays During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Safety Protocol Checklist
- Guidelines for limited Homebound Visits and Communion Visits to the Homebound (Added 9/10/20)
- Parish Ministry Resources
- Reconnect Group Leaders Guide & Session Outlines | Reconnect groups are brief four-week sessions held both digitally and in-person which aim to provide an opportunity to regather as a community, become reacquainted with others, and share one’s personal experience living through the pandemic.
- pdf Simple Prayers Priceless Moments (241 KB) | A guide for parents and guardians to help children prayerfully process the pandemic and how it might be affecting them directly.
Parish Offertory Materials from the Catholic Foundation | Includes online giving options, as well as sample stewarship and offertory materials.
- Livestream Masses:
- Diocese of Green Bay Virtual Mass & Event Listing Calendar, courtesy of The Compass
- Relevant Radio Daily Mass
- EWTN Daily Mass
- Televised Masses:
- Sunday mornings: WBAY at 5:30 a.m. | CW14 at 8 a.m. | WFRV at 10 a.m. with Bishop Ricken
- Daily Mass: EWTN | View Broadcast Schedule
- Radio Mass: Sunday mornings: Relevant Radio, 1050 AM at 9 a.m.
Visit this web page for resources directly associated with facility maintenance during the pandemic.
Please note that these may change at any time due to federal, state or local requirements.
School Health Information
- DPI has created guidance relevant for school health services. You'll find it on the DPI COVID-19 Information for School Health Services webpage.
- DPI School Toolkit - DPI has created this document to offer schools guidance regarding considerations, strategies, and rationale for making decisions. The tools provide school nurses and school staff with resources to implement the strategies.
- DPI has created Guidelines for the Prevention, Investigation, and Control of COVID-19 Outbreaks in K-12 Schools in Wisconsin. Click Here for the full document.
- Return to School COVID-19 from Catholic Mutual | A letter outlining insurance considerations by Catholic Mutual.
- Safety Protocol for Schools | Recommended safety protocols for schools at various phases.
- Notification of Positive Test in School | A letter to be sent to parents if someone tests positive for Covid-19 and what the school protocol will be.
- School Statements Related to COVID Exposures | Samples of messaging should your priest, a school staff member or a student test positive for COVID-19, is exposed to someone who has tested positive or is awaiting test results.
Guidebook to Re-Open (Updated 5/25/21) | A guide for schools to use when planning for reopening that addresses all areas that need to be reviewed
Launched in March to keep the faithful of the diocese informed and safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, this website provides useful resources for parishes, schools and families. You'll find spiritual, parish ministry, family, religious education/youth ministry, and health guideline resources located on the website.