Welcome! Here, you will find details on the following Rural Life programs for the Diocese of Green Bay.
Contacts for Rural Life Programming
Peter Weiss | Director of Living Justice
Phone: (920) 272-8321
Click here to send a direct message to Peter
Bona Hall, P.O. Box 23825, 1825 Riverside Drive, Green Bay, WI 54305
For students in Grades 1-8, create a picture or write an essay (200 words or less) on the topic:
"How does rural life connect us to our family heritage and our faith?"
Include your name, address, grade and school/parish on the back of your 8.5 x 11 in. drawing or essay. One entry per person, and essays can be submitted in Spanish or English.
- Grades 1-2
- Grades 3-4
- Grades 5-6
- Grades 7-8
Winners receive a Culver’s Gift Card and their entries will be published in the Rural Life Issue of The Compass.
Please submit your drawing or essay by Feb. 13, 2023.
Send all entries to:
Catholic Charities & Living Justice Mission Team
1825 Riverside Dr.
P.O. Box 23825
Green Bay, WI 54305-3825
If you would like to email your entry, please call Peter at (920) 272-8321.
- Contest Flyer - pdf English (236 KB) | pdf Español (265 KB)
- Facebook Event Page - Please invite someone you know via this page | Facebook Event Page
- Bulletin Insert - image English (732 KB) | image Español (771 KB) - Click and then Right Click with "Save Image As"
- Social Media Graphic - image English (1015 KB) | image Español (771 KB) - Click and then Right Click with "Save Image As"
Thursday, March 23, 2023 | Mass with Bishop Ricken | 10 a.m.
+ The Blessing of Soil, Seeds, Animals, and Machinery +
ST. ANTHONY PARISH
253 N. Franklin St.
Oconto Falls, WI 54154
• 10:00 a.m. - Mass and blessing of soil, seeds, animals, & machinery
• 11:30 a.m. - Lunch and after-lunch speaker, Sr. Marla Clercx
• Lunch Ticket Information: Meal tickets ($15 each) must be purchased seven days in advance of the event by mailing, calling, or emailing the host parish.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER - sR. MARLA CLERCX, ANG
Sr. Marla Clercx, ANG, was born and raised in Jasper, a small rural community in southwestern Minnesota. She has many memories of playing in hay mounds, weeding bean fields, and picking corn. Her love of the land is seen in her gardening and food preservation. Her love of animals led her to earn a degree as a veterinary technician, working with livestock as well as pets. She also raised chickens while serving in Gillett and Suring. Most importantly, the tight-knit community of Jasper taught her the importance of looking out for one another and responding to the needs of others whether by providing food, helping with harvesting, or child care. It’s her connection to rural life that shapes her connection to God as Creator and her commitment to caring for the earth. Sr. Marla currently serves as the pastoral leader of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish in Green Bay. Prior to that assignment, she served as pastoral leader of St. John, Gillett; St. Michael, Suring; and the Chapel at Chute Pond.
QUESTIONS & MORE INFO
St. Anthony Parish - (920) 846-2276 | holy3.org
Diocesan Office of Living Justice - (920) 272-8321
- Rural Life Day Flyer - pdf English (551 KB)
- Rural Life Day Poster - pdf English (1.48 MB)
- Rural Life Day Bulletin Insert - image English (733 KB)
The Rural Life Scholarship is a scholarship worth $500 sponsored by the Rural Life Committee of the Diocese of Green Bay. The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial aid for an aspiring student interested in serving in agriculture and/or rural life in their chosen profession. To qualify for this scholarship, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Pursuing post-secondary education that results in serving in agriculture and/or rural life in their chosen profession
- Be an active member in their parish community within the Diocese of Green Bay
- Exhibit leadership qualities
- Receive recommendation from your pastor, pastoral leader, or religious education coordinator
- Preference will be given to high school seniors
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must submit both the Application and the Pastoral Recommendation Form (linked below). The application deadline is March 31, 2023. If you have questions, please contact Peter Weiss 920-272-8321 or by direct message by clicking here.