Welcome! Here, you will find details on the following Rural Life programs for the Diocese of Green Bay.
Contacts for Rural Life Programming
Peter Weiss | Living Justice Advocate/Program Manager
Phone: (920) 272-8321
Bona Hall, P.O. Box 23825, 1825 Riverside Drive, Green Bay, WI 54305
For students in Grades 1-8, create a picture or write an essay (200 words or less) on the topic:
"What are some of the 'fruits' of God's creation in rural life?"
Include your name, address, grade and school/parish on the back of your 8.5 x 11 in. drawing or essay. One entry per person.
- Grades 1-2
- Grades 3-4
- Grades 5-6
- Grades 7-8
Winners receive a Culver’s Gift Card and their entries will be published in the Rural Life Issue of The Compass.
Please submit your drawing or essay by Feb. 14, 2022.
Send all entries to:
Catholic Charities & Living Justice Mission Team
1825 Riverside Dr.
P.O. Box 23825
Green Bay, WI 54305-3825
Thursday, April 7, 2022 | Mass with Bishop Ricken | 10 a.m.
+ The Blessing of Soil, Seeds, Animals, and Machinery +
St. Thomas the Apostle Parish
8100 Brunner Rd.
Newton, WI 53063
- pdf Flyer (2.01 MB)
- pdf Poster (2.14 MB)
- image Bulletin Insert v1 (2.25 MB)
- image Bulletin Insert v2 (1.87 MB)
The Rural Life Scholarship is a scholarship worth $500 sponsored by the Rural Life Committee of the Diocese of Green Bay. The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial aid for an aspiring student interested in serving the agricultural community in their chosen profession. To qualify for this scholarship, the applicant must meet the following criteria.
- Pursuing post-secondary education that results in serving the agricultural community in their chosen profession
- Be an Active Member in their parish community within the Diocese of Green Bay
- Exhibit leadership qualities
- Receive recommendation from your pastor, pastoral leader, or religious education coordinator
- Preference will be given to high school seniors