“The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” - Deuteronomy 31:8
Many people are scared and anxious today, and yet we know that Jesus Christ is with us, walks among us, and will never leave us. This is a time of immense challenges but also opportunities for us as missionary disciples. The resources below aim to provide guidance and encouragement to our parishes as we continue to live out our faith. Please download and share them as appropriate.
Parish Life Line: Stay connected with others in ministry
Outreach: To reach out and support others as missionary disciples
- Religious Education & Youth Ministry Resources | The Office of Children & Youth Faith Formation has developed this website for those seeking at-home resources for Religious Education & Youth Ministry
- Virtual Event Calendar | This calendar has become extremely active as a reference for all people to stay connected with their parish communities and practice their faith, including livestream Masses and rosaries, confession opportunities, support groups, etc. Parishes and schools can share this link on their websites and/or social media pages and submit items to it.
- Missionary Disciples – Ideas for Outreach | With COVID-19 calling us to a different pace of life, one of the most beautiful ways to share our faith with others is through acts of love, generosity, and kindness. Here are some ways to be Church in the world.
- The Compass Newspaper | Three months FREE! The Compass is working to reach families in their homes to provide inspiration and encouragement during this difficult time. This offer can be shared in your parish digital bulletin inserts, website, and/or social media.
- Cleaning Procedures for a Pandemic: Parish and School | A pandemic has the potential to place extraordinary and sustained demand on the public health system. This document has information about effectively cleaning and sanitizing our spaces, including editable checklists for your parish or school.
- Pastoral Care Resource | This packet of resources provides guidance and insight for those facilitating pastoral care during the pandemic.
- Reaching Out Through Pastoral Care During a Pandemic | Additional resources for pastoral care.
Personal and Family Well-Being: Adjusting to working differently and taking care of ourselves
- Praying Through Anxiety & Unresolved Issues | A six-step process for personal and prayer ministry
- Parenting Resources | Discipleship is rooted in the home. Take this opportunity to incorporate some of these simple yet powerful practices into your family to grow in faith.
- Family Resources List | Need help or support for your family? Check out our entire resource page for families that includes resources for studying/learning at home, making the most of virtual Mass, tips for physical and emotional well-being, and more!
- Financial Guidance during Tumultuous Times | This powerpoint comes courtesy of the Financial Health Department of Catholic Charities . Please use for your personal reference, or share with others. Visit their website for assistance, too.
- Finding God and Coping In Times of Uncertainity | Coping strategies to support your mental well-being. Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Green Bay serves the needs of those in our diocese regardless of religious affiliation. Visit newcatholiccharities.org for assistance.
- Mental Health Resource - Ascension WI EAP | The following resources are aimed to support and nurture your mental wellness.
- Tips for Working Remotely | Check out these tips for setting up a home or virtual workspace, ergonomics basics, prioritizing your mental health, managing the flow of information, and more.
Prayer Resources: To support, console, and strengthen your faith
- Spiritual Support Overview | An overview of prayer, giving, Mass, outreach for you or your parish
- The Coronavirus Deliverance Prayer (English)
- The Coronavirus Deliverance Prayer (Spanish)
- Guide for Spiritual Communion for Adults and Children: JPG version (147 KB) and PDF version (917 KB) | Prayers for adults and children to be recited at the time of Communion for all virtual Masses; can also be printed to put in the pews for those who visit our Churches during these times or included in digital parish bulletins, on parish/school websites, or social media.
- Virtual Prayer Ministry | Prayer ministry has been a great source of comfort, hope, and healing for many people, especially those who need a safe place to talk about their struggles with this pandemic. This is a simple, step-by-step process for parish prayer ministry with people via Facetime, webinars, and phone calls.
- USCCB Coronavirus Resource Page | Includes prayer cards, links to online Mass broadcasts, prayers, daily readings, video reflections, and more
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary | The text of Pope Francis’ prayer to Mary during the coronavirus pandemic
- Litany of Trust | A prayer composed by one of the Sisters of Life. In it, we ask Jesus to deliver us from the things that hold us bound, and we place our trust in His promises.
- Hearing God | Ten way to hear God in personal prayer and ministry
- Protecting Our Hearts with the Word of God | A listing of inspirational and consoling bible verses
- How God Sees You | Learn how to see yourself through His eyes.
- Alpha Prayer Ministry Model | An introduction on how to pray with people for healing
Video Resources: Practical webinars, inspirational messages, and technology tips
- Panel Discussion Webinars | Find a list of upcoming webinars as well as all archived panel discussion livestream presentations.
- Be Not Afraid - Message of Encouragement from Bishop David L. Ricken | A message of hope from Bishop Ricken that Jesus is still walking with us during this time and to “be not afraid!” (with the capability to download)
- Video Production & Hosting Livestream Events Resource Page | In response to requests for tips and technical support for video production and hosting livestream events, you’ll find helpful how-to and start-up resources as well as great examples of our parishes using videos effectively and creatively.
- Technology Tips for Ministering Remotely | During a time of social distancing, parishes have the opportunity to serve and minister differently and here are a few help for remote working, including a few platforms for digital meetings and tips for a video conference or livestream.
- Music Copyrights and the Digital World | As we reach for technology to maintain some sort of normalcy in our worship and liturgical offerings, we must keep in mind copyright considerations for the beautiful music we might want to include. Here are some things to keep in mind as we livestream, podcast, or upload these types of videos.
Leadership Resources: Support to assist leaders in the church and businesses during these uncertain times
- The Moment of Truth | Tips to help achieve a balanced of principled and emotionally connected leadership inside and outside of the workplace
- Leading an Anxious Church | A two-part resource about effective leadership during times of anxiety
Social Media Support: Additional ways to connect online
- Disciples on the Way Facebook Group | "Disciples on the Way" is a network of leaders who meet to affirm, inspire and equip each other and who are actively grappling with the issues of evangelization and discipleship.
- Alpha Facebook Group | Alpha is a series of sessions to unpack the Christian faith. This group is a place to gather Alpha leaders in the Diocese of Green Bay for discussion and support.
- Family Connection Facebook Group | A way for families in the Diocese of Green Bay to stay connected and navigate these days of unprecedented family life. Share your best tips, practices, inspirations, and encouragement with one another, as well as prayer intentions, concerns, and questions so we can support one another. Invite your parish and school families to join this group!