The Diocese of Green Bay is committed to creating, providing and maintaining safe environments in all its parishes, schools, and other institutions so that all persons, especially children, youth and individuals at risk, will be protected as far as possible from all harm, including physical and sexual abuse.
Who has to complete a background check in the Diocese of Green Bay?
All priests, deacons, other ministers, and employees (who may or may not have contact with children, young people, and individuals at risk) and adult volunteers who have contact with children, young people, and individuals at risk as part of their volunteer duties are required to complete an online application form in which they:
- provide the Diocese with professional/personal references;
- complete, sign and date the appropriate declaration form;
- authorize a criminal background check and receive a satisfactory report.
How do I complete a background check?
Click on the
- Safe Environment Employee/Volunteer Requirements
- Ambiente Seguro Requisitos Para Empleados/Voluntarios
Safe Environment Employee/Volunteer Requirements in Spanish
- Employment Application Directions | Updated 2017
- Pre-Employment Application Directions | Updated 2017
- Volunteer Application Directions Document | Updated 2017
What do I do if I have technical difficulties completing the application?
Please call the parish or school where you work or volunteer. You may also contact the Office of Safe Environment at 920-272-8198 or 1-877-500-3580, ext. 8198, or e-mail.
How do I complete a background check if I don't have Internet access?
Please call the parish or school where you work or volunteer. You also may contact the Office of Safe Environment :
Safe Environment Assistant
Catholic Diocese of Green Bay
P.O. Box 23825
Green Bay, WI 54305-3825
Telephone: (920) 272-8198 or 1-877-500-3580, ext. 8198
Email the Office of Safe Environment