GREEN BAY, Wis. (Jan. 28, 2020) – Beginning this weekend, Bishop David L. Ricken will invite the nearly 100,000 Catholic families across the Diocese of Green Bay to consider making a gift to the Bishop’s Appeal, which supports the ministries of the larger Church of Green Bay. The theme for 2020 is “Rising in Faith.”
To view the 2020 Bishop’s Appeal message from Bishop Ricken, please visit:
“As Catholics we are called to actively live out our faith, rise to the challenge of the Gospel and share the love of Jesus with all people,” shared Bishop Ricken. “Together through the Bishop’s Appeal we bring the love and healing presence of Jesus to thousands of people in our Diocese each year.”
“You are truly making a difference in the lives of so many people in our communities, and for this, we are grateful. Through the generosity of thousands of people, children are discovering Jesus in our Catholic schools and faith formation programs, families are inspired to be households of disciples through discipleship formation and evangelization events, and people struggling most in life receive counseling and care through the services of Catholic Charities,” said Tammy Danz, Bishop’s Appeal Director. “All of this is made possible through your gift to the Bishop’s Appeal.”
It is through the ministries of the Church that we walk with people on life’s journey and inspire disciples throughout the Diocese of Green Bay. Please prayerfully consider making a pledge to this year’s Bishop’s Appeal. In the next week, parishioners will receive a letter from Bishop Ricken, inviting them to make a gift, or they can make a gift through the Catholic Foundation online at
Gifts to the Bishop’s Appeal help:
- Catholic Charities & Living Justice extends social service programs to people who are struggling most in life. Included are mental health counseling; family strengthening programs; adoption and pregnancy counseling to assist birth parents, adoptive couples and people with unplanned pregnancies; budget counseling; and more. The Living Justice ministry advocates and supports pro-life activities.
- Education, Catholic Schools & Families shares our Catholic teachings with people of all ages.
- Office of Marriage, Family Life & Pro-Life provides opportunities for people to embrace social justice and share their faith.
- Parish Ministries & Evangelization focuses on young adult discipleship and formation and adult faith formation, while guiding people closer to Christ through prayer and worship.
- Discipleship & Leadership Formation trains and forms deacons, pastoral leaders and lay ministers.
- The Compass newspaper publishes news and information about our Church and the Catholic faith.
Gifts to the Bishop's Appeal are accepted year round. The funds are used, without exception, to support the ministries and services to thousands in need through the Diocese’s 16-county area. For more information, visit
For more than 20 years, the Catholic Foundation has been impacting lives within the 16 counties of northeastern Wisconsin which make up the Diocese of Green Bay. During this time, the Foundation has distributed nearly $40 million to support Catholic schools, parishes and other Catholic organizations. The Catholic Foundation encourages financial stewardship and generosity through faith-based giving. The Foundation focuses on supporting Catholic parishes, schools and ministries through endowment funding. To learn more, please visit