Missionary Leadership Institute
Imagine what parishes in the Diocese of Green Bay would look like if each parish had a group of staff and parishioners, formed as missionary disciples, equipped to accompany other individuals and to serve as leaders in any apostolate to which they are called!
Introducing the Missionary Leadership Institute / Instituto de Liderazgo Misionero, a three-year process designed to serve the needs of a wide variety of parish leaders who seek to:
- Discern their vocation: their particular call to holiness
- Be formed as leaders to evangelize and disciple others
- Receive the tools to foster a culture of missionary disciple
- Serve more effectively as lay ecclesial ministers (parish staff)
Missionary Leadership Intensive Year
The first year of the Institute is the Missionary Leadership Intensive Year. It can serve as a stand-alone year for those who want intensive discipleship and leadership formation, or as a preparatory year for those who seek deeper formation for ministry, mission, and service. (Years Two and Three of the Missionary Leadership Institute [the Ministry Formation Years] will be launched in 2023 and 2024.)
The intensive year includes:
- Events and coursework offered in English and Spanish
- Four day-long retreats, including the cornerstone Entrust: Disciples on Mission Retreat
- Franciscan University "Franciscan at Home" online, non-credit coursework
- Charism discernment
- Formation in prayer, works of mercy, and opportunities for Christian service
- Support and guidance from experienced missionary disciples
- An opportunity to integrate learning as a missionary disciple through a practicum experience
- Assessment of growth in discipleship
- Blessing and commissioning by Bishop David Ricken at the conclusion of the year
Orientation will take place in August, 2022, with events and coursework continuing throughout the academic year and concluding in May.
|Saturday, August 20, 2022 or Tuesday, August 23, 2022||Orientation|
|Saturday, September 17, 2022||Retreat I: “Encounter Jesus”|
|Saturday, October 29, 2022||Retreat II: “Discernment of the Call to Holiness”|
|Friday-Saturday, December 9-10||Retreat III: “Entrust: Disciples on Mission”|
|Saturday, February 4, 2023||Charism Discernment Workshop|
|Saturday, April 22, 2023||Retreat IV: “Sent Forth”|
|Thursday, May 18, 2023, 6:30 PM||Commissioning of Missionary Disciples with Bp. Ricken|
The cost for the Missionary Leadership Intensive Year will be $250 per person (partial or full scholarships based on need will be available).
Those interested in the Missionary Leadership Intensive Year will need the approval of both the Institute Director and the applicant’s Pastor or Pastoral Leader. A diocesan wide Intercessory Team is praying each day for the Lord to raise up many Intensive Year participants, and for the fruitfulness of the Institute, its participants, faculty, and for the parish communities of our diocese where participants serve.
How to Apply
We are past the deadline to apply for the 2022-2023 Intensive Year, but you can still request information about the Missionary Leadership Institute and how it can serve you as a disciple and leader! Complete the form below and a member of our team will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you!
Jamie Whalen, Director of Lay Leader Formation
Sr. Marth Escobar, Director of Hispanic Ministry